Stop rushing into businesses born from half-baked ideas, misguided theories, and other forms of self-delusion. A lack of proper validation kills more businesses than anything else. As Joel Barker says, ‘Speed is only useful if you re running in the right direction.’ Will It Fly? will help you make sure you are clear for takeoff.
It answers questions like:
- Does your business idea have merit?
- Will it succeed in the market you re trying to serve, or will it just be a waste of time and resources?
- Is it a good idea for YOU?
In other words, will it fly?
Chock-full of practical suggestions you can apply to your business idea today, Will It Fly? combines action-based exercises, small-scale ‘litmus tests’, and real-world case studies with anecdotes from the author s personal experience of making money online, hosting successful podcasts, testing niche sites, and launching several online businesses.
Will It Fly? will challenge you to think critically, act deliberately, and dare greatly. You can think of the book as your business flight manual, something you can refer to for honest and straight-forward advice as you begin to test your idea and build a business that takes off and soars.
In five parts, Will It Fly? will guide you through the validation of your next business idea:
- Part one, Mission Design, helps you make sure your target idea aligns with and supports your goals.
- Part two, Development Lab, walks you through uncovering important details about your idea that you haven’t even thought about.
- Part three, Flight Planning, is all about assessing current market conditions.
- Part four, Flight Simulator, focuses on the actual validating and testing of an idea with a small segment of a target market.
- Finally, Part five, All Systems Go, is for final analysis to help you make sure your idea is one you are ready to move forward with.
About the Author
Pat Flynn is a thought leader in the areas of online entrepreneurship, digital marketing, and lifestyle businesses. He is routinely celebrated for his transparent leadership style and authentic principles. Pat overcame career adversity at an early age by finding his own path and true passion. Despite his success in business, Pat’s greatest joys are spending time with his family and friends as well as helping inspire and educate others on how to succeed with their own entrepreneurial careers.
Pat has been featured in The New York Times and Forbes Magazine for his accomplishments, and has recently been enjoying talking about his story and business strategies in front of large crowds at various conferences and events all around the world. His top-ranked business podcast, The Smart Passive Income Podcast, has earned over 25 million downloads and continues to inspire people as they work through their online business journey today.
Pat is also an advisor to Pencils of Promise, a nonprofit organization dedicated to building schools in the developing world, as well as companies such as LeadPages and ConvertKit.